NoteUninstalling swift does not uninstall the settings, you can delete them as shown here:. Or see directory delete below.
You have multiple options to uninstall swift
Via the normal OS features. This is what you should normally do, however it uninstalls the program only, but the data are not deleted. See below on how to delete the data directory.
You could also start the uninstaller directly from your swift directory.
- Windows: As the directory itself is being opened in the Explorer in such a case, it can happen some files/sub-directories remain - just delete them manually after uninstaller completes.
- It can also happen the DBus files are still in used can also cause the
sharedirectory NOT to be deleted, again, just delete it manually.
Directory delete: A swift installation consist of 2 directories
- delete the program directory, this removes the swift program only, not the settings
- delete the data directory. You can delete swift data directories from the "other versions" context menu in the wizard, if you still have another version installed. Or just go to the directory a delete it.
- You can also just delete the data directory for your version, that looks like a fresh install, see here
Cleaning up the Windows registry
If you install with the installer you might want to delete the following entries (example for 0.8.5)
swift only stores its windows geometry in the registry, You can delete all registry entries from the launcher tools: