- all swift code written by the swift team is licensed as GPLv3
- The vatlib for the VATSIM network is closed source. It requires a NDA with VATSIM if you want to see that code
- In order to connect to VATSIM servers you need your own VATSIM client key. You have the following options:
- you can build and run swift with your own FSD servers,
- or you can ask VATSIM for your own key,
- or you can join the swift team and participate - by that you will use our key.
- Furthermore swift uses it own database for model matching (i.e. datastore model metadata, no model objects). We allow VATSIM users and smaller FSD server operators to use the Web Services for those cases. If you want to use swift on your network please ask us for permission to download from these web services, or run your own server. All data in the swift database are property of the swift team.
All swift software programs are licensed under the GPL v3 license. You can find the details here
The following terms apply to all swift programs:
swift pilot client suite Copyright (C) 2016, 2017, 2018 swift Team This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
swift pilot client suite Copyright (C) 2016, 2017, 2018 swift Team This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details see see here https://datastore.swift-project.org/page/legal.php. This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; for details see here https://datastore.swift-project.org/page/legal.php. For the copyright of our data (ie. the data in the database and caches) see the terms here.
Last modified 06.07.2020: Add legal information (b11fe49)