Why is data consolidation needed?
Consolidation means your model data from the simulator will be merged with the DB data into a more detailed data set.
- When you start the mapping tool and read the installed models the current DB data will be used
- This also applies when you create the model set (the current DB data are used)
- But other users (or yourself) can change the DB data at a later time to:
- Create new mappings
- Modify/correct existing mappings
- Applying those changes requires consolidating your model data with the latest DB data. There are multiple ways to accomplish this