Aircraft parts and gnd. flag / ground flag
Aircraft parts are used to transfer aircraft information about "gear", "spoilers", "flaps", "lights". They also transfer a GND flag to tell if the aircraft is located on ground. VATSIM uses the parts ground flag.
Ground. flag / gnd. flag
In the FSD protocol and the related extensions there are 2 ways to transfer a ground flag. swift supports both:
- along with the aircraft parts (VATSIM)
- and as flag in the aircraft position
How should it be set?
- on VATSIM you will see the parts flag for clients supporting parts, e.g. vPilot and swift.
- on VATSIM the GND flag for PARTS is supported, the "other GND flag" not.
- For other servers it depends on the server settings if
You could even enable the GND flag for an individual aircraft. Never do this unless you know what you are doing!
Leave the ground flag and fast position settings alone unless you know what you are doing.
You can check the
PARTS in the model view.